Day 332, Home again..

It is hot in New Jersey. Like temperature hot. I spent some part of the last five days in Texas and the temperature was in the low 90’s everyday. Today I flew back home and temperature was in the low 90’s.  I thought I was flying home to cooler weather. Not the case. When I got home I turned the air conditioning on. I think I was spoiled living in an air-conditioned house while in Texas. You could go out, enjoy the heat, then go back inside when you were done.  The temperature in the house has dropped 11 degrees in two hours. More importantly, the humidity is nearly half what it was when we started.  Tomorrow is forecast to be hot and sticky as well. The rest of the week looks like 70’s for a day time high. This more like the normal weather this time of year.

I flew from Houston to Detroit to Newark today all on the same plane. Here’s a travel tip, if you are flying on one of those regional airlines with the small jets, stay away from row 11. There are no windows. Row 12 is the wing exit row. I sat in 11 D, the no window, window seat for both legs of the journey.  I got off the plane in Detroit, looked for my flight, and realised that it was the same gate I had just deplaned at. So I sat down, watch some college lacrosse on the laptop waiting to re-board the plane. The picture buffered so bad I gave up trying to watch the game. I turned the game off in the middle of the second period, Maryland was up 3 – 2 over Loyola. The final was Loyola 9 -3. Maryland did not score again for the rest of the game. I hope to watch the game on DVR tomorrow.

The flights were fine. All four planes I rode on this weekend were full. Two of the flights were overbooked and they were looking for people to give up their seats. I don’t know how the airlines aren’t making any money. They have cut capacity and raised fares and fees.  The best of both worlds.  I recently read where one of the major airlines was buying a refinery in Pa near Philadelphia. All they need now is to purchase some oil wells and they will have the entire fuel food chain covered.

It was nice to get home. On the way home I picked up DS3 who spent the night at my SIL’s house.  They were in San Francisco, he needed a bed. He wanted to drive my BIL’s new Camaro. He was told no, and that they know the mileage on the new car. DS3 was unhappy but understanding. Dinner here was pizza. Everybody was home for dinner. It was fun to hear about where the kids have been for the last five days.

Tonight’s picture comes from the weekend wedding. Here is the bride watching the water volleyball game from the second floor deck. Enjoy!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: